Saturday, September 12, 2015

This is Me

I¨m Emilia, well that's not my real name, but that's the name that you will get to know me.

I live in Scandinavia. I'm a wife and a mother and I just turned 40. If you would see me like 99% of those people who actually know me see me,  you would probably think that I'm a happy, successful and a beatiful woman. I have a great husband, handsome son, good career and I have a pretty home in a respected area in a big city. I'm kind, liked by many people, have couple of very good friends. I'm healthy, I have caring parents, great in-laws. I have travelled all around the world and continue to do that still. Sounds pretty perfect, right?

Like we all know, everything is not always what it seems. Especially in my case. I have faced many painful situations in my life. Some of them I have caused by myself, some of them have just happened. I have not told my full story to anyone. I went to see a psychologist this week (I was there to solve work related issues) and I mentioned a little bit about my past to him. He suggested that maybe I should start to write a diary about everything. It could work as a self therapy, he said. And that's the reason I decided to start to write this blog. At least I will try, I'm not sure if I can let myself to open those old wounds again. To let myself remember all the things that have hurt me so much. But I will try.

So, this will be My Walk to Freedom. To finally bury those old demons of mine, so that I could truly live my life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment