Sunday, October 11, 2015

Last Easter

I went home for my Easter break and was happy see my family again, especially Alex whom I had been so worried about for a long time. I was relieved to see that everything was fine with him, he was the same happy boy that he had always been. For some reason my fears however still didn't vanish.

During that time I was at home we had several long conversations and in one of them I asked him if he was ok (there had been another incident with my father and him, after he had came home drunk after a party). He reassured that everything is fine. I even went so far that I told him how much I care about him and that he can not never, ever do anything bad to himself. I still remember the surprised and interrogative gaze in his eyes when he started to laugh and answered "You don't ever need to worry about that. I will do nothing to myself" I was so relived of his answer and still told him, that I will always love him and be there for him, if he needs me. He just nodded and smiled.

There is something really strange that kept happening during that Easter. (And I know this sounds very crazy!) Many times when I was watching tv (alone) in our living room I saw from the corner of my eye a very tall, black, transparent shadow going through our hallway and entering to Alex's room. If I try to describe it in more detail, it was about 2m tall and it had some kind of hooded cape. It went by so fast, that when I noticed it, it was gone. Every time I saw it Alex was not at home. It felt creepy, but I thought it was just my imagination and put it away from my mind and continued to watch tv. During my last day, we went to visit my grandparents (my parents and I) and for some reason (I don't remember anymore why) I mentioned about this shadow. To all my surprise my parents confessed that they have witnessed the same thing happening! And believe me, my parents are the most rational people I know, they don't believe in any supernatural. We decided then and there, that we won't mention about this to Alex, so that he wouldn't get scared. And we never did.

My plane left the next day very early in the morning. Alex was still asleep when I was leaving. I went to his bedroom, saw him peacefully sleeping in his bed. I still remember the exact image of that moment. His head on the pillow and his hand under his cheek. His top body was naked and his blanket was covering his lower body, except his feet which were bare. I looked at him and whispered softly Bye Alex. And to my surprised he opened his eyes a little and said "Bye" and smiled a little. Those were the last words from Alex that I could ever hear. That was the last time I saw him.

No comments:

Post a Comment